Antardrishti believes that the awareness level of the society about blinds and blindness must be raised. They can be brought into the mainstream of society only by providing them with equal opportunities, helping them acquire skills and by linking them in the production process. Along with, it is also necessary that the mainstream society should not only accept their presence but also treat them with dignity and equality.
After a thorough analysis of our experiences, we felt the need of a platform where visually impaired persons, along with their family members, friends and people from different backgrounds can come together to exchange ideas, opinions and experiences; so that they can be enabled not only to cooperate and solve the problem of Visually Impaired but also facilitate their integration in the mainstream of society.
- Promote exchange of experiences, ideas, concerns and future programmes.
- Work as a pressure group for solving the problems of blindness.
- Identification of issues and areas of initiatives and interventions.
Key Components of Drishti Connect
- Skill Building
- Personality Development of Visually Impaired
- Inclusive Education
- Employment Oriented Training of Visually Impaired
- Support, Opportunity & Efforts for Visually Impaired
- Sensitisation and Awareness of Society Towards Visually Impaired